Sevierville Criminal Defense Lawyers
Protecting the rights of the accused in Sevierville, Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge and throughout Sevier County
The U.S. Constitution guarantees that anyone accused of a crime “shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury” under the Sixth Amendment, and that no “State [shall] deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law” under the Fourteenth Amendment. These are two of the most important rights that we have, and upholding them is the honor, duty and privilege of the criminal defense attorneys of our firm.
At Delius & McKenzie, PLLC, we fight for justice for clients facing criminal charges in state or federal courts. For more than two decades, our firm’s name has been synonymous with aggressive advocacy with the highest ethical standards throughout Sevierville, Seymour, Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge, Tennessee. When your future is at risk, you can rely on us to fight for you and to protect your family at every step of the way.
Experienced criminal defense representation in Sevier County
Our criminal defense lawyers provide a wide array of legal services and support for clients facing criminal charges. No case is too large, no litigation too complex, for our skills, experience and research. We have been trusted to handle some of the most complex litigation in East Tennessee, fighting on behalf of clients facing multiple charges at every level. Our track record of success speaks for itself when it comes to defending you against charges of:
- Capital murder. First degree murder is the only crime punishable by death in Tennessee. Cases like these are often high-profile, and require the help of a criminal defense lawyer who has both substantial experience in murder cases as well as the ability to withstand immense pressure from all side. You will find that lawyer at Delius & McKenzie, PLLC.
- Felony charges. From arson to burglary to kidnapping and rape, our attorneys are prepared to and capable of fighting against the most felony charges on the state and federal books. When it is not possible to have your charges dropped completely, we know how to please your case to lesser charges, and how to win an acquittal in court.
- DUI/DWI charges. The Great Smoky Mountains National Park is 522,419 acres of federal land, and its roads flow easily – and quickly – into the state roads in Sevierville, Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge. We have successfully defended clients facing state DUI or federal DUI/DWI charges, and proudly protect the rights of both alleged first time and repeat offenders.
- Misdemeanor charges. People often mistake the word “misdemeanor” with “unimportant,” and they shouldn’t. Being convicted of a misdemeanor crime can still have a lasting impact on your life, your ability to find work or to pursue an education. We can help you if you are facing misdemeanor charges in Tennessee.
- Drug charges. Drug crimes can be classified as misdemeanors or felonies, depending on what the charge is and which jurisdiction you were charged in. They are always serious, and a skilled criminal defense lawyer may be your only chance to avoid time in jail or prison.
- Theft charges. Whether you stand accused of shoplifting or armed robbery, you need an attorney who can help protect your rights and your reputation. Certain convictions mean life in federal prison without parole – a life sentence in every way. We build a strong, strategic defense for clients facing theft charges at any level and in any court.
- White collar crimes. Crimes designated as “white collar” are handled at the federal level, and require a high level of proficiency when it comes to your defense. We are creative and innovative thinkers who understand the complex federal laws, statutes and regulations under which you may be charged, and have the skills and resources to assist clients facing white collar criminal charges.
At the Delius & McKenzie, PLLC, we are regularly trusted with criminal cases that other firms may not have the resources to handle. Our attorneys have extensive experience assisting clients who were victims of civil and criminal forfeiture, and can file an appeal on behalf of a client whose rights were not fully protected during trial. When you feel as though the entire world is on your shoulders, and that you are running out of options, we are by your side and ready to fight for you, your family and your future.
Learn more about criminal defense law in East Tennessee
Aggressive defense of your rights throughout courts in Tennessee
Few experiences are more frightening than being accused of a crime. But you are presumed innocent under the law – and the right Sevier County criminal defense attorney can ensure that this right is upheld. At Delius & McKenzie, PLLC, we defend your rights under the law when you stand accused of a crime. Please call 865.280.3686 or fill out our contact form to make an appointment or to request an in-custody visit. We are proud to protect clients in and around Sevierville, Seymour, Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge.