Sevierville Attorneys Helping Trip, Slip and Fall Victims
Dedicated Tennessee premises liability lawyers on your side after a fall
We all have those moments where we slip or trip over an unseen object. If we are lucky, the only thing we hurt is our pride. When you suffer a serious trip, slip and fall, however, you could face far more severe repercussions and longer lasting injuries. If that fall was the result of another person’s negligence, you may have options for pursuing compensation to help you with your lost wages and medical bills, and for your pain and suffering.
Delius & McKenzie, PLLC is where Sevier County families turn to when they have been seriously injured. We fight for justice on behalf of our clients through jury trials or settlement negotiations – whichever is best for you and your family. Our experienced premises liability attorneys help Sevierville, Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg residents and visitors alike recover what they need in order to protect themselves and their loved ones, now and in the future.
Common causes for trips, slips and falls
In order to bring a premises liability claim or lawsuit against a property owner or operator, it is not enough for you have simply fallen; you must prove that your fall was the result of the owner or operator’s negligence, and that you suffered an injury as a result of that negligence. Some of the more common causes of a slip and fall can include:
- Uneven walkways, paths or pavement. A broken piece of stone or brick, a ripped-up piece of carpet – these types of uneven walkways may not always be noticeable to a pedestrian or office worker, and can cause a serious fall. Property owners and operators are responsible for keeping walkways and pathways even and clear of debris for the people who use them.
- Wet, icy or otherwise affected floors. When you are in the grocery store and you see the big yellow sign warning you about wet floors, you know to tread lightly (or not at all) in that area. Property owners must warn visitors, shoppers, workers, etc. about potentially dangerous floors, whether they are wet from a mop or slippery from incoming foot traffic.
- Uneven or unsafe steps. Your body is accustomed to steps being a certain depth, width and length; so accustomed to it, in fact, that even a slight variance in the size can cause you to trip unexpectedly. Uneven or broken steps and staircases can cause you to trip up or down the flight, leading to potentially serious injuries.
- Lack of safety railings. Property owners should install safety railings in areas with steps or raised platforms. Failure to do so could lead to a person falling off the side and hurting him or herself.
When your fall is the result of negligence, but not considered premises liability
Not every trip, slip and fall you have is the result of a property owner or operator’s negligence – but that does not mean that no one is at fault. Distracted walking is a real and ever-increasing problem in Tennessee. Our faces are so often buried in our smartphones and tablets that we end up walking into lampposts and signs. But you can also be a victim of a distracted walker while you are riding on an escalator, standing at a corner waiting for the light to change, or simply online waiting for your hot coffee. If a distracted walker causes you to fall and break a bone or hit your head, you may be able to bring a personal injury claim or lawsuit against that person.
The dangers of slip and falls
A serious slip-and-fall accident can have long-lasting effects on your life – effects that are unexpected. The Law Office of Bryan E. Delius has helped families just like yours after a fall led to:
- Twisted, fractured or broken bones
- Permanent tendon or nerve damage
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Permanent scarring from lacerations
- Soft tissue or organ damage after a fall on a sharp object
Our Sevierville slip and fall attorneys will tell you honestly whether or not your claim has a real chance of moving forward, and whether it is in your best interests to settle or to go to trial. We document your injuries, work with your doctors, review and document witness statements as well as photographic evidence and handle all correspondence with the insurance companies so that you can focus on recovering from your injury.
Help for trip, slip and fall victims in and around Sevier County
You can be seriously injured in a fall; we can help you on the path to recovery. Delius & McKenzie, PLLC is proud to fight for personal injury victims in Sevierville, Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg and beyond. To set up a no-obligation consultation with a Sevierville slip and fall lawyer, please call 865-428-8780 or fill out our contact form.